What is a Vasectomy? Your Pre Procedure Guide
The snip is a safe, simple, and permanent male contraceptive procedure.
Our modern non-scalpel technique uses a laser-like device to seal the tubes carrying sperm with no need for cutting or stitching. In the hands of one of our experienced doctors , a vasectomy is very straightforward. You’ll be quick to recover and back to normal activities within a few days!
Step One: How to prepare for my Snip
If you’re certain that you’ve finished your family or don’t want kids, Snip offers a permanent male contraceptive option.
No Hidden Costs
Low Income Assistance
You may be eligible for a fully funded vasectomy. Find out about assistance for low income and Community Services Card holders through Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ). We can also provide you with information required for health insurance prior approval and insurance claims.
What is a Vasectomy? Pre Procedure Prep
What to do before getting ‘the Snip’. Join us for part 1 of our 4-part video consultation series.
Your Pre Snip Checklist
- Fill out a booking request online
- Read details of email including attachments
- Watch the video consultation sent via email link
- Have a phone consult with the nurse a few days before your appointment
- Avoid strenuous activity on the day of your procedure
- You can check ‘down below’ but note there’s no need to shave
- Eat and drink as normal on the day
- Wear relatively close-fitting underwear (or two pairs) for extra support and comfort post procedure
- Partners are welcome to come along for the ride
- Sit back, relax and know that your balls are in safe hands
Find out more about what is a vasectomy and what to expect during the procedure.